Thursday, February 5, 2015

Yell-y Scream-y Guy

On January sixth I wrote that I had asked my friend in North Beach to come with me to my Bike Party friend’s birthday get-together because they had both gone to my HS but she said she wouldn’t be headed to that part of town.  I took my Santiago/Taraval to 26th to Forest Hill and descended down O’Shaunessy to Elk and Chenery.  There were two guys from Bike Party there and the other guy was a bit older than I.  In fact, he and I were the oldest ones there.  The birthday boy had his band mates and there was also a couple he knew and their girls friends.  The Glen Park is run down—we saw a rat and the girls thought it was cute.  I bought his friend a beer.  There was live country music up front.  I gave everyone an Emperor’s Campaign flyer and one random guy at the bar said he was a clamper.

I hung out for a while and when everyone but the band had left I realized how old I was and wondered what I was doing there.  I was getting another beer when and a new guy showed up.  He had previously worked at the ferry building and looked really familiar.  After I finished that beer I left the guys to their darts and took the same route home and was in bed at 1130.

Next morning I was up at 9 when my old boss called.  I told her that my computer was with the Assistant Director.  I lazed about for another two hours and was upstairs around 12 having breakfast.  The parents both sat down with me.  Dad asked about cable and mom about second breakfast.  I went down and started typing, reviewing emails and listening to the radio.  I got a call from Enterprise staffing in reference to a new job at the company.  I told him to email me.  At one point I returned upstairs to have a snack and then went down to edit.

I had noted many times that I only need to take my normal steps for the week—clean, type, review, blog—because I knew how to get to the job search.  I started on my unemployment insurance application.  Nora had texted me about mom and dad.  I told her about contacting Nicole.  I sent my resume into the company.

Mom and dad had gone to a doctor’s appointment and came back and made dinner.  I read the magazine and they told me the appointment had gone well.  I went back to editing but gave up and worked instead on some forms.  I was going to go to Hayes Valley but decided to watch TV instead.  I was in bed at around 1130.  I tossed and turned and fretted about my situation, status and future.  I ended up trying to visualize my frontal lobe and eventually went to sleep.

On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 930 and the internet was out.  I texted dad about it.  I also weighed myself but neglected to write it in my note book.  I went to Java Beach then and read the paper.  I called the company recruiter and he had nothing positive to say.  After looking at Twitter and FB I made plans with Alcatraz people and then went to 45th and Lincoln to head out to the Bridge via Fulton and 16th.  I thought to myself that my job search would turn out fine.  I noted that I would likely have to be unemployed for 6 months before the company would hire me again.

At the Bridge I saw the musician I knew that worked there and told him I would look for him on FB.  I noted that they were installing a new divider on the Bridge and the bike path/lane was closed.  At the vista point I noted some guy’s iPad was in a precarious situation and on the descent to Sausalito I passed a bunch of cars.  There was a yell-y scream-y guy in Sausalito.  I dealt with it ok but in the future I need to improve.  He called me a tough guy.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment