Monday, February 9, 2015

The Mountains Drinking Whiskey

On the thirteenth of January I noted that I had caught and 18 and an N to the Embarcadero the day before.  I was going to get off at ninth but around 19th I decided to go to Church for a sandwich at Park Chow.  On the train I realized that I would need my coffee cup so I called dad and told him to put it on my bed.  I sat near some dirty hippies on the train.  At Safeway I saw some lady that looked like she had just gotten off of Sean’s ride share.  I had the pork sandwich after asking about the Reuben and it was terrible—no comparison to the one on 9th but I didn’t say anything about it.

I took the train and thought about how all the stores at church and market had gone out of business.  I thought that it was clear that the neighborhood was going to pot.  I was thinking that it was due to the fact that the rents had gone up.  I got off at Embarcadero and there were dudes at the bike station and I took a picture of an old Raleigh with rod breaks and 28 inch tires and sent it to Twitter.  I took my bike to Civic and took Grove and Page to the house and had a couple of drinks.  Mom came out and watched Family Guy with me.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 545 and noted that there was something ironic about my dreams.  I was up at 630 and grabbed my stuff and the gloves from my bike.  I got a newspaper at Noriega and took an 18 and an Nx to Montgomery.  I wanted another newspaper.  However, I discovered halfway through waiting for a cup of coffee that I needed to make sure I had a ticket.  I called the house and dad texted me information and I called the service people.  I ironically saw a commuter friend on the platform but had to make the interaction quick.  I had to go to Mac but it turned out that I had enough time for the Emory-Go-Round and at the station I even stopped at Peets.  I made a couple of transactions at the Amtrak Station and had a ticket and a WSJ when I boarded.

At first I sat in my seat—tweeting about the Vaca Mountains and sending messages to my older sister and dad but later I went to the café car and had coffee while reading the paper.  Some older man sat next to me back at my seat and the girl behind me said that she wanted to read my paper.  I was in the café car a lot after that but in Colfax I was in my seat again telling the guy next to me about the Emigrant Gap.  I spent much of the rest of the ride taking pictures of the mountains drinking whiskey with the history guys downstairs.  When I finished writing the train had passed Sugerbowl and Donner Lake and was delayed due to track work in the Truckee canyon.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment