Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Top of The Mountain

On January the fourteenth I wrote that I had got off the train the day before and had walked to California Street visiting shops on the way.  I sat at a bar and looked at the internet and found a thrift store I nearby called Junkee.  After walking there I didn’t find anything that I liked so when my sister and her fiancĂ© got there I decided to leave.  We went to Raley’s and I bought kale and other things.  Then she dropped us off to get my nephew and then I started dinner.  He went back to the store.  Meanwhile, my niece was watching teenie drama and I made food and drank rye.  My nephew had to get his stuff together while we ate.  When we finished I surfed the internet and discovered then that the shuttle I had been planning on using to visit the ski resort was not in existence.  I didn’t initially want to accept my sister’s fiancĂ©’s assistance but eventually we talked it over and it was settled.

I went to bed around then and had trouble sleeping.  I eventually got some sleep and in the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up early and noted that my nephew had to figure out how to get to school because his ride had become my snow buddy.  I filled his tank and drank my coffee while we rode the mountain highways.

At the resort we went to Starbucks and I got some equipment.  We got on the big Gondola and at the top we got on another tram and rode to a place where we had to do a bunch of traversing.  That tired him out so we went to the bottom and had some snacks and beer.  We then went to the lower gondola and returned to where we had left off.  At the top of the lift we discovered all black diamonds and decided that we needed to look at easier lifts.  We found another lift that was better and so decided to do that one a few times and eventually found ourselves at the mid-mountain coffee shop where I checked my emails using the wifi.  I discovered then that I had received an announcement that caused me—after many emails and calls—to check with an old coworker for our representative’s number.

He and I finally talked at the top of the mountain and he said that the project manager didn’t want me to work for them.  I told him that he knew where to find me and continued down the hill.  We did a couple of more runs but the wind had left my sails so we went to the rental shop and then to his suburban.  I saw some ladies in the lot with a dog.  The ride back was long and we made small talk.  My sister was doing stuff at the house when we came in and the kids were watching Sponge Bob.  I changed my Amtrak ticket to the next day.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment