Sunday, February 22, 2015

Christopher Guest and Friends

On the second of February I noted that on Saturday night I wasn’t able to get any food before it was time to go.  I rode through the park and had to adjust my bike seat.  I took Central and McAlester and parked at Opera Plaza.  I told the attendant about some suspicious stuff near the bike racks.  I walked looking for food but found my buddies.  We went to the Jazz place for a drink and then went to see the Sketchfest tribute to Christopher Guest and friends.

It was great and wasn’t only about Spinal Tap.  They made a lot of funny comments and covered many of their characters and relationships.  The questions included what they thought was funny and why they did the scene about eleven.  We went to Smugglers to discuss the show and speakeasy bars in the city.  I had a Capireno.  One of my companions noted that she would be in Fairfax the next day. 

Next morning I was up around 830 and left soon after.  I had been riding with a companion by this point and we had gotten coffee to go at Central.  Eventually we passed by Pacific Overlook and continued across the bridge.  We stopped at the Bay Model where we had a snack and saw an acquaintance from Bike Party.  My companion took photos of seals and then on Miller we looked at Mount Tam and an older gentleman gave us directions.  Later we were talking and I learned that she had been in the Navy.

We continued through Corte Madera where we saw an old railroad bridge.  She was really impressed by the homes in Ross and took a picture of the seminary in San Anselmo.  When we got to Fairfax we took out a big sheet at the Cascades and had a picnic.  She kept feeding me while I was fiddling with the phones and mapping apps.  Eventually I discovered that I was still hung-over.  We really enjoyed ourselves overall.

We contacted my friends and discovered they wouldn’t be around Farifax until after we were on our way out of town.  So we instead went exploring the area around Sir Francis Drake and then headed to San Rafael.  I noted that there was no easy route through that town.  My companion was impressed by Cal-Park Hill and the tunnel underneath.  At the landing there was a children’s show with singing about the monkey god Hanuman and Yoga and she wanted to yell at them.  I noted that the beer at the brewery can be good at times.

On the boat we took photos and made smiles as is normal and discussed dinner.  Eventually we disembarked and were on our way up Market.  We stopped only when we got to the grocery store near her place and fond her roommates.  I saw a twitter friend there.  Later the four of us had a taco dinner.  We discussed the days and drank a bit of wine and tried to watch Spinal Tap.

I was up the next morning at 750 and went to Soleil to have coffee and look at my emails.  I noted that I only really had one job prospect for the week and wasn’t very happy about it.  After that I rode through the Wiggle and on the way discovered that I had a broken spoke that needed to be attended to.  I decided to replace the wheel when I got to Swell and then I walked home.

I fielded a few calls after this and became disenchanted.  I told my friend that my problem was mostly the commuting.  I noted that Google Voice only works when my phone is on an in range.  I typed a lot.  I spoke to a lot of recruiters about the same “100% travel” job.  I swapped the bikes out at Swell and yelled at some guy on Irving.  I went to Park Chow where I looked through the internet stuff.  On the way back I lost the pannier biking fast over rough pavement.  I spent a lot of time typing then.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment