Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Zephyr to Emeryville

I noted that that night my skiing buddy made burgers and my nephew divided his attention between Family Guy and packing for his trip to SF.  He also read to my sister for a while.  My niece was preoccupied with her upcoming birthday.  My friend in the city messaged me and I posted to FB about a little girl’s reaction to visiting a comic book shop.  I was in bed late—at 1030.

I was up at 650 to discover that the girls had already gone to coffee.  I watched cartoons while my nephew had breakfast.  My niece walked to school.  I said bye to everyone and my sister  drove me to the Amtrak station.  I wanted a paper so we looked but I got frustrated and acted out.  I noted that I wasn’t happy with myself for that.

I boarded and found a seat in the last car of the Zephyr to Emeryville.  I went for breakfast and ended up sitting across forma lady from some traditionalist enclave in CO.  She had a traditional outfit on and spoke to her kids in Dutch.  The wait staff placed her with me.  I went to the café cat then and sat for the ride through Donner Lake and Sugerbowl.  I ended up back in my seat a couple of times.  I was really interested in the Yuba and Emigrant Gap.  I didn’t do much other than read the paper and try to get a good photo of Auburn—the train took another track and I missed it.

Marysville to Sac was made in my own seat and bit by bit the train emptied.  I was going to get off at Richmond but instead went to Emeryville to look through my emails.  I discovered a job at BART from an Indeed user and expressed interest.  I then caught an Emery-Go-Round and caught a Millbrae train.  I transferred to a 16 and learned that mom and dad weren’t doing much before Betty’s wake and so when I got home I instead made plans to have dinner after I met up with some friends at Amsterdam Café for a brewers’ event.

The ride was cold and took a while.  I found my friend, the pianist, had been there for a while.  We discussed the previous month’s BAUHH and Josephowitz’ trip on the late night AC Transit.  I shared with him some personal stuff was and he empathized because he had gone through the same thing.  My cycling buddy showed up then and I told them about my life.  There was a lady who had ordered her beer practically yelling into my buddy’s ear.  He had been talking about his trip to Guangzhou and Guangxi.  Later He told us how he would be on a Bicycle Coalition ride over Thai food.  I went home through the cold and was in bed at 1130.  On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 830 to work on an application then and discovered that I would miss a family function.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment