Thursday, February 19, 2015

She was Choking Up

On the twenty-ninth I wrote that I did a bunch of sit-ups and then I wrote that I rode form the house to GGP and up to the waterfall.  I called the printer and went there next.  I had to have some stuff reprinted.  I then went to around Powell and Eddy.  I got a call then from a recruiter.  They interviewed me and escalated my resume immediately for the job.  I was not exactly thrilled with the prospect.  I went to the Embarcadero and locked up.  While I wasn’t thrilled about leaving my stuff I had done it before.

I caught a train to 16th and went to the Uptown where a friend was serving.  I washed the BART brake dust from my hands and said I would be back.  I walked to Shotwell’s and my friend introduced me to hers.  The girls talked while one of the guys cleaned up at pool and bought us a beer.  I had a delicious sour.

When they left my friend and I went to Schmitt’s and ate Kessler.  I saw a lady I know from Sunday Streets.  There was fire raging nearby on 22nd and Mission.  We went to my friend’s office and got her bike and then went to the Uptown.  I introduced my friend to the guys and the bartender seemed to know her.

I had a dream that night where Darth Vader destroyed an ATAT with which he was competing with for the power while Luke interacted with the Emperor about it.

I noted that I had set the alarm but didn’t get up till 650.  I ended up on a 6 Parnassus which was glacially slow.  I got my bag from the station to prepare for the interview I had scheduled and contacted my recruiter.  I entered the wrong building and then went to the correct one.  The interviewer and I took the elevator to a higher level and sat down.

I began with a bit of discussion of process mapping and I showed her the images I had made.  She noted that I was a “statistics person.”  I tried to stress my supervisory experiences.  When I got to the last job we really connected on the different layers of the process.  She kept using muni as an example.  I mentioned cycling and the example of 13th and Division.  I had to explain my thesis and said that I did a lot of training and shareholder meetings.  We moved into management.

I spent time talking about clients, vendors and support.  I explained the pivotal role of computer science and programming in my last job.  Eventually she asked me why I wanted the job and if there was anything else I wanted to know.  I told her that I wanted to know about SMEs and regulations.  As if to close I told her that I really wanted the job.  I noted then that her effusive response looked like she was choking up.  In our conversation in the elevator she avoided discussion of her personal life in asking me about mine and said bye in the lobby.

I got my bag in the station after sitting in Peet’s and I spoke to two recruiters while riding the N.  Eventually I was walking to the house where AT&T was fixing the phone connection. I read the paper and complained to mom about the internet. I was going to write everything up for the Lenovo pad but I was able to get internet so I typed on the computer.  I sent an email to the interviewer and her boss as well as the other recruiter.  I had to bite to eat and then said bye to mom.  Dad was out.  I got on an N then and went to the Embarcadero.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment