Saturday, February 14, 2015

Get Some Tobasco Sauce

I wrote that the SOTU was on when I was nearly finished writing and that I spent a lot of time organizing my room.  I was communicating with a friend and had dinner with the parents.  I posted a picture to Twitter that a friend had posted to FB.  I interacted with my frind in Mendocino Scott who was evaluating a job in Sonoma.  He said that I should visit with a friend some time and complemented some photos on FB.  I went upstairs and drank the rest of the Dickel I received for Christmas and watched a couple of hours of television.  Some friends texted me while I was falling asleep at midnight.

I didn’t reply to them until the next day.  I awoke at 930 and went to Java Beach to read the paper and play catchup on FB.  When I got home I sent them messages.  I was having issues with the bruise on my arm but it was healing.  The pressure in my shoulder had subsided.  The parents were in the kitchen so I settled for a small meal at lunch.  I did more organizing of the room and I received a message about the CFHH.  One of the regulars had suggested I go with a friend but there was a potential conflict.

I spent a long while throwing stuff out and typing.  I was nearly done when I sat down for dinner.  I remember that dad left for his meeting around then.  He had said that he would help mom when he was back and it would have seemed like sweet thing too had I not made a snotty comment about taking her to a movie.  Mom and I talked about the glasses in the liquor cabinet.  I had no choice to start working on the really bad scotch that was left over from one of dad’s functions nearly a year ago and was in the midst of texting my friend about our plans for Friday when I sat down and watched a couple of episodes of Family Guy.  I went to bed at 12.

On the day that I wrote this I was up at 630 and found that my phone was off so the alarm had not gone off.  I went back to sleep until around 1030 when my friend messaged me about getting up late.  I heard dad talking about the internet but wasn’t interested in hearing about it.  I went to Java Beach to read the paper.  I did the usual.  A lady at a table asked me to get some Tobasco sauce for her.

At home again I discovered that the internet was out for good.  Mom yelled at dad to do something.  Dad said that the internet had to be U-Verse and he didn’t seem thrilled about it.  I decided to type up the rest of what I had and go to the mailbox with my unsent letters.  I then got ready and went to Swell.  They said that they didn’t recycle rubber and asked that I let them know about any alternatives.  I then went to the UPS store and disposed of my bank statements.  I then went to the Beanery and started to use my iPod as a supplement to the broken internet at home.  I noted that some Long Beach friends might talk about me later.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment