Monday, February 2, 2015

My Last Trip

On the thirty-first of December I wrote that the day before I had spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do about a date.  I rode the wind swept and cluttered canal path to PHill and discovered that the wind storm had slowed BART to a crawl.  On the platform waiting I bumped into a friend from Bike Party and we spent the train ride talking about our lives.  He got off at Embarcadero and I went to the Palace Hotel to check my messages and discovered that my Bike Party friend had had an incident in his cab and posted it to FB and one of the people we had spoken about on the train had immediately made a comment.  I sent her a friend request.  I took an N home stopping at 23rd to transfer.  At home I made my dinner and read the magazine.  Mom and I talked about her health and I had to reflect on that a bit.  I went to bed after watching TV.

On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 830 and went to the 18 and took the N to Powell.  I got coffee and a banana and then took my bike out at PHill.  I thought several times that this was my last trip.  I rode to the office in a rote fashion.  I sent my friend a text about going to his NYE party.  I went to Srtarbucks and returned to the office and started to pack up to leave.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment