Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Theater was Empty

On the twenty-eighth of January I wrote that I had sent a message to my friends but by the time I had ridden to Central and down Pierce to Post neither could come to the movie.  I ate my chips and sat down for my movie.  Another friend texted me in the theater and it was alright because it was only a moment and the theater was empty.

I enjoyed Inherent Vice.  The main character is forced to step through all of these hoops in the process of doing his job.  He turns out to be more of a hero than a quixotic character.  There are some very Pynchon-esque moments in the story.  Martin Short’s dentist character is perfect.  The scene where they get pulled over is great.  The psychedelic hallucination that follows him around is clearly also seen by Sierra, the girlfriend character.  The Junior DA and the Cop characters are both straight out of Vineland.  I was surprised by all of it.

I rode home then and was in bed late.  Next day I went to Java Beach and then commenced upon an epic editing session.  I did the majority of the 20 posts.  I had a sandwich at one point and my friend and I interacted a bit.  I returned to posting twice.  I was going to go out but after mom and dad had finished eating I decided to eat at home.  I had to wait for dad though so I went down and edited and then gave up and went to Giorgio’s.  Then I went to 540 where I watched the Warriors and talked to a random.  My friend was with her GFs in the East Bay and one of them was pregnant.  I watched Family guy till midnight.

I got up at 830 and was done eating in the dining room at 1030.  I then typed and set up for my interview.  All my stuff was in a backpacj and I was setting things up with a print shop.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment