Sunday, February 15, 2015

Cat Was Super Cute

I wrote that I thought that it wouldn’t be a good idea to see a friend that night when I went to Park Chow.  I had the same thing there that I always had and read the NYT.  I saw a friend that writes poetry then and that was a surprise.  She said she would send a poem to me and I noted that she had when I sat at the Shamrock a bit later.  I spoke to the bartender about the Edwardian Ball and noticed that a friend of a friend had posted something about a birth day and so I messaged her on FB about it.  My friend suggested I come to her sister’s house so I got the bike and rode down.

Her brother-in-law let me in and she was with her nephew.  Her sister was making dinner.  I realized that I was going to be stuffed around then.  They fed me crackers and beer.  Their cat was super cute.  I held the babe for a photo shoot.  We sat in the new dining area that they had prepared.  We ate kale and pasta and talked about geography, college, vacations to Turkey and, of course, babies.  Eventually we were on the futon watching the cat and baby.  We had tea and did the dishes.  We left a bit later.  I felt full.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I learned that my friend had not in fact had a birthday.  I had coffee with my friend on Valencia near 19th around 9 in the morning.  She bought a pastry for my mom which was nice.  While we were getting ready to leave she realized she had misplaced her phone so I volunteered to find it for her.  That took about 20 minutes.  After that I rode to Central Coffee where I used my iPod in lieu of the internet at home.  In the meantime I got a call about a job.  My friend asked me to go to the Lindy Hop in the park.  I sent an email to my poet friends.  My friend from Long Beach texted to say that I may see her when she was in the city.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment