Saturday, May 30, 2015

We Discussed The Ferries

On the seventeenth of May I wrote that the day before I had finished typing and left to see my freind.  She had had some problems with her photo shoot.  I chided myself for being a busy body at 19th.  I rode over to page and crossed Market at Octavia.  I made my friend soup.  We sat in the kitchen listening to music while I typed.  I got to bed at midnight.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this my friend made biscuits for me late in the morning.  We discussed our camping trip to Marin.  We decided to go to Corte Madera on Friday and head to Samuel P Taylor.  I noted that walking the pipeline trail was better than taking the bus.  I thought that this way it would be early when we made it to Woodacre.  However, as soon as I considered the idea of traveling to Pt Reyes I gave up.

After breakfast we discussed the ferries on Friday.  While I noted that the room was key the discussion moved on to logistics.  I said that over the course of the week I would need to accumulate supplies and get them ready at some location.

We went to four barrel and sat talking for a while.  I noted that my process needed work because the public and private posts too closely resemble each other.  I described the open to closed coding process and how they transform rich data into meaningful content.

My friend was confused about this and I gave the example of us listing our preferences and then comparing.  I suggested that a minimum of changes might make them the same preferences.  She said that my writing wasn't exactly popular though and I agreed.

The discussion turned to networks and how the transformation of open to closed coding created new connections that might be made to help in the process of diffusion.

We left the cafe and I described Rodgers' theory using Sony's Betamax as an example of an idea that was beneficial but didn't access social networks and opinion leaders properly.  I also discussed the way that a teacher may want to approach a school principal before changing the curriculum.  I also covered trialability, perception of benefits and champions.  I had to explain that my blog was really an attempt to simply understand how these things worked together.

Later we went over the trip in finer detail while she did her laundry and tidied.  We established that we would walk the pipeline and needed to explore Samuel P Taylor for a good place to camp.  This is what prompted me to get a room for Friday at Budget Corte Madera.  This way we could take the ferry Friday and be on the pipeline trail early.

I noted that she was concerned about her tires and I noted that she may need to visit a mechanic.  I noted that we should look into the bus schedule and later discovered that there were eight busses between Pt Reyes and San Rafael.  Her friend had a thermarest she could borrow but we still needed a tarp and a sheet to sleep on. I noted that I should send her my Farifax maps.

By this point her roommates had sat down with her.  One of them told us about her date.  A moment after this she and I left for the Rainbow and I found stuff for the trip and she worked on getting things for dinner.  I noted that Trader Joe's was not close enough so I made do with stuff that was similar to the items I liked there.  One item in particular allows the user to actually just boil the bag making the meal a lot easier to clean.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment