Wednesday, May 27, 2015

After One Too Many

On the fourteenth of May I wrote that the day before my friend and I were G-chatting and I thought she had made a reservation at Outerlands.  I took VTA to MV to Mib to DC and then got the bike.  There was traffic at JS but it was alright.  I took Sloat to 45th and discovered there wasn’t a reservation after all.  I sat at the bar eating toast and when my friend arrived we got a table.  I had the chicken she the cod and we got a bottle of wine.  We had a lot of fun.  I made a float and we had the chocolate.

We thanked our waitress and went to my place.  I told her the story of the garage room.  Then we went to the beach and she was mystified by the shells and water.  I took a bunch of photos and told her that I would show her how to make GIFs.

We went to the Riptide then and had whisky.  The buzzcocks came on and we asked the bartender about them.  The guy sitting next to us, had been locked out of his place.  We left after one too many and walked 46th to Quintera.  I left my friend by herself for a bit on the way.  Later I tried to make a GIF but somehow ended up falling asleep.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I wrote that when I left my house I looked back at the bed and I thought it was to check I hadn’t left anything but I now believe it was in longing.

It was Bike to Work Day and the three of us, they were coworkers, took Overlook through Golden Gate Park.  One of them was impressed with the route.  At the Panhandle we caught up with another one of their coworkers who was counting for Bike To Work Day.  She realized then that we had met at that event years ago.  We descended then to 17th and met more of their coworkers.  I also saw one of my Twitter friends.  The mayor came by at that moment and then I went with the troup of coworkers to a café where they picked up pastries for a friend’s birthday.

I went to CT then and grabbed a paper.  At MV I rode to work and caught up with SF2G people.  They said they had left from 24th Street BART.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment