Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Group Had Gone

I wrote that the day before I left at 330 and made all my transfers to the bike.  I made it home 15 minutes later than I wanted but mom and dad had decided to drive to Café International so it was alright.  I waited in the car and when we were ready I drove them to Fillmore and parked on Waller.

We sat at the counter drinking chai while their friend met friends for her photo show.  Dad and I talked about finance while mom made conversations.  I had called Alamo Grill and made reservations so when they finished singing happy birthday to another friend over the phone we walked up there.  On the way mom and I took pictures of SH Church because she thought that my grandmother had gotten married there.

When we arrived at the restaurant it took us a moment to find a good spot to sit but the host was very forgiving about it.  We all ordered fish but mom and dad had trouble finishing.  I should have simply split the meal with the two of them.  I also had a salad.  Later we had the crème brule and ice cream.  I noted that there was an old newspaper framed in the back that advertised the grill in 1946.  On the way out dad wanted to catch the 22 because he was freezing but we walked.  I left them at the café—the group had gone—and got the car.  I picked them up and the ride went alright.

I wanted to start working on my things then but after calling a friend I called it quits.  My phone was on silent so when she called back I missed it.  I went to check Google Voice and found that she had sung me a happy birthday.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I got up late and missed the 48.  I ended up riding to Ambrosia and sitting there for a while.  Later I made my transfers and took the shuttle bus to work.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment