Monday, May 11, 2015

My Bike Was Overburdened

On the 28th of April I wrote the day before that I packed an left. I got the bike but left the bag on my back for the VTA trip to MV.  Watching the bike on CT two students talked over me.  My bike was overburdened leaving from DC.  I had no trouble at JS or 19th.  However, I had three incidents in quick succession starting at a left turn at 39th and Santiago and ending at a left turn at 40th and Rivera.  First a lady didn’t put her blinker then the lady behind her decided I had inconvenienced her in the previous incident and finally a third lady came within reach at the last intersection-she was acting like I had done something wrong too.  I touched her rear view.

I was incredibly angry as I was unpacking.  However, right at that moment I was called for a dinner of hamburger and cous cous with the parents.  I told them a bit about the trip and made certain that dad knew that one of his FB comments had angered me.  I gave mom her camera back and she immediately uploaded the photos that Charlie had left to FB.  I went down to my room but discovered that my notebook was missing and I had no evidence of where it was.  I organized my room, did some laundry I watched a bit of TV before going to bed at 11.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 610 and rushed to BART.  I had no trouble except for the stairs to the train.  I was totally out of breath.  I transferred to CT with some guy that had an Ogre or a Big Dummy Surly.  He said he wanted a rack.  I told him to just get the kind of rack that hooked ot the brake holes but he wanted to braze some holes onto the bike.  He boarded and fell asleep.  I caught a VTA and found my notebook at my desk.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment