Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Flop on the Bar

On the eighteenth of October I noted that on Friday in the after noon I left at three and my friend said she was at a thrift store.  I was on a slow train.  I took BART to 16th and saw an old college classmate on Clarion.  He said the annual festival was the next day.  Charlie met me at 17th and we went to Thrift Town and later to the Uptown.  The bartenders told me a story about a rival bartender doing a belly flop on the bar.  I noted that Fernet likely had an artemisia in it.  my friend and I went to the grocery store and had baked brie and salad for dinner with her roommate.

On Saturday morning I had baked eggs, bacon and potatoes with my friend before her old coworker asked us to meet her at two sisters.  We were conflicted because we had other things to do.  We walked to Dark Garden to drop off material for a corset and then we looked at shoes before going to the bar.  We were really anxious about organizing the a bike ride.

When our acquaintances showed up I noted that I would check with my riding partner about the film archive.  I also texted someone I knew about the Tonga Room.  Meanwhile they assured us that they would provide us with halloween costumes.  Later we walked through SOMA to Rainbow and got some gluten free pasta.  I found a grip of herbs with artemisia in the scientific name.

At my friend’s I made dinner and sought to get her done with organizing the bike ride as nicely as possible.  In the end I made a picture and she posted it.  It was around then that she agreed that we needed to go to a different bike ride--our acquaintance’s birthday bike ride.  So we rode to Dolores Park and met the group and by then our anxiety seemed to have passed.  We interacted with the people when they showed up and everyone was enthusiastic.

There were a lot of new people and I did the sweep when the ride was under way.  One person was wearing this super giant skull that made riding dangerous.  I noted that out of all the new people an old acquaintance of mine knew most of them.  We rode to pier 54 then and looked at the floats from Pride.  We played on them after I shared the cups I had brought for wine.  Some guy asked me about my Surly.

We rode on past AT&T then and finished the ride at Pier 7.  One of the new people told me she was from the Richmond District.  She and my friend discussed Tango for a good while.  I congratulated the birthday boy and his wife and then rode with a bunch of people to the Embarcadero.  I tried to get my friend interested in having a snack at Willows but that didn’t happen.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I discovered that my arm and chest were achy.  I met my friend at Flore.  However, they made huevos rancheros with flour tortillas.  We went to the bank and a thrift store on the way to Sunday Streets where we saw a ton of Bike Party people.  My friend told a Democratic Party canvasser that she didn’t like the mayor.

I had called mom and made plans for seven and after we had coffee my friend and I rode the Wiggle to Page.  Once we were at my parents’ house my friend and I made meatballs, pasta and asparagus for dinner.  We talked about about the cousins my father had seen at the car show.  We went on to discuss our cousins.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment