Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Mount Tam Train

On the ninth of October I wrote that I left at four.  I sat in MV until the train came and got the bike from DC.  At 24th I discovered the happy hour wasn’t for another week so I went to Hayes Valley and got a few things and waited at Two Sisters.

When my friend arrived we took the Wiggle.  Our mutual acquaintance let us into her beautiful house and showed us around her work room and their bikes.  Her husband hadn’t ridden in more than a year.  We went up and saw an ancient picture of the Mount Tam train.  Our host was cooking and there were a lot of cheese snacks left from his recital.  the ladies looked around the house and we chatted.

We sat down at the table and each of us talked about work.  The house was extravagant and beautiful with qualities similar to those of my friend’s place.  When we got going our hostess let us out through the back door and we took the Wiggle.  The only hard spot was the transition from Guerrero.

In the morning I was able to catch my BART train only because it was late.  I arrived on the shuttle and no one was in yet.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment