Sunday, October 25, 2015

We sang Mr Sandman

On the fifteenth of October I wrote that I left the office around 330 and took the stairs.  I was out of breath as I rode to Amtrak.  I followed the Christian trail until I got spit out on Tasman.  I bought a ticket and boarded. At Coliseum I went over the stadium bridge to 66th Avenue where some lady said I had to get out of her way.  After that I followed the trail along the bay where I had to catch my breath a bit.

I had to backtrack on High and once on Park in Alameda I spoke to my friend because I couldn’t find a store to buy shorts from.  I rode to her sister’s place then.  Once there I said hi and went on a three mile run.  When I returned my friend’s brother-in-law and I went to the store for a couple of bottles.

While I watched my hosts make dinner, we sang Mr Sandman and ate grilled peppers.  The meal was salad and rice with a few flourishes.  Later we had homemade ice cream and pie and discussed our plans for the month.  After that we rushed for the bus and I forgot my shoes.  We got on BART at 12th and got on our bikes at Civic Center.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment