Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Bechamel and Machiavelli

On the twenty-seventh of September I wrote that I typed up my notes and said bye to the parents.  I made certain my friend was on the same page for Wednesday. I rode past cops with lights on at 19th, 16th and 9th Avenues on Irving and then stopped at the bank. I went to my friend's. She was watching a BBC production from Agatha Christie.  We ate butternut squash and discussed bechamel and Machiavelli.  her roommate came in to talk about stuff. The tree of us spent the rest of the night enjoying the breeze finishing a bottle of wine in the living room.  I was asleep at 2.

I was up at 9:30 well rested.  I made grits, eggs and coffee for my friend.  Her roommate said he slept like a log.  After we cleaned up we went to Ma-Velous but they were closed.  So, we hopped the Pittsburgh train to Rockridge and used Bike Link before going to Highwire. We got coffee, fruit and water and stopped at the bookstore before we rode to Lake Temescal.

We rested at the Ievee and later borrowed a picnic table before we rode to Montclaire.  We took the stairs to the Shepherd Canyon Trail and looked at the informational stuff and I had to catch my breath. The path was really great.  We stopped on Gunn and interacted with locals and looked at the cap on the old tunnel.  Then we rode up to Arrowhead and onto Skyline. There we rested for a long time, looked at Diablo and drink some whiskey.

From there we rode Skyline to Redwood Park and got a map before taking a bike trail.  We interacted with a family hiking on the path. We stopped a few times before getting to the Observatory.  There we got water and made a sandwich at a picnic tables where we saw the hikers again. We rode Skyline back to Castle and went through Montclair and under the Highway. We went through Oakmore and then Piedmont and found a cool Park on Hamilton. Then in Lakeshore we had Indian food and then west to 19th Street BART where my friend had trouble with her Clipper card but we still made the train.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment