Monday, October 19, 2015

We Ended Up Greeting

On October tenth, I wrote the day before I left at three o'clock. I took the VTA and trains to 16th and I stopped at my friend’s.  She was getting ready to go babysitting.  I had brought her a bottle of Fernet. We went to the pizzeria where they sat us in front of the door. I wanted to sit next to her so we ended up greeting every customer as they entered. When we finished my friend learned that she wouldn’t be baby sitting after all so she got her bike and we went to East Bay Bike Party.

We caught a second train at West Oakland because we discovered we didn't need to transfer at 12th. At San Leandro we talked with a music bike guy and a bunch of us rode to Bancroft. I had gotten a text that said we were going to Toyon Park. We found Bike Party there on Bancroft and followed the group there. The cops were waiting but weren't terrible.  We got a route sheet from an acquaintance and walked around til we found the guys.

We split and the ride headed to the next stop-- Heron Bay near the San Leandro Marina.  I tried to show my friend my left/fast, right/slow strategy but she didn't care.  We got lost in the crowd.  At the stop stood around and made plans to go to Bay Fair.  We rode across the Estudillo Canal and through the neighborhoods to Hesparian where I cracked a beer.  We chatted on the train until to Civic Center BART and then took Polk to Market.  I was asleep at midnight.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment