Friday, October 2, 2015

Camping in Angel Island

I wrote that I did a few more things before I left.  I took VTA and the trains to DC where I added time to my bike and continued to Powell where I bought the one pair of Sketchers that I felt were suitable.  I went to the Ferry Building then and looked at Twitter before getting my friend at her pier.

We ordered empanadas and had beers before getting flowers and hopping a Two.  Traffic was terrible and my friend fell asleep.  When we got off we walked to to see my mom.  My sister was there.  We gave mom the flowers and interacted for a while.  My nephew was camping in Angel Island.  She shared a video with us.  I asked mom about stuff and clarified some of what I had heard from my sisters and father.  That was when my sister left and my friend and I spent some time asking mom about what she liked to eat.  I asked about my brothers and we talked about that for a while.  She said that she had spoken to my uncle.

Eventually dad came in and I had to reorganize to get a seat for everyone.  I ended up sitting next to mom.  We had been discussing what he liked to eat.  He had brought mom some chocolate.  We talked a bit more about that but it segued into mom and I poking fun at dad.  My friend and he talked a bit.  I went into the hall a little and when I came back I asked dad what he liked for dinner.

My friend and I made to leave around then and dad knocked over a vase.  My friend figured out how to clean it up and then we said bye.  We walked up Divis and down McAllester to the Greek place there and split a meal.  We walked to my friend’s place then and interacted with her roommate.  The other roommate had a friend over.  I went to bed around 1030.

I woke up a few times before 830 and had coffee with my friend at Four Barrel.  We had coffee and went to 16th where I caught my train.  At Mib I experimented for fifteen minutes with the time it takes to walk to Burlingame.  I decided I would need thirty minutes.  I caught the train then to MV and the VTA to the office.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment