Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Trike O’Rama Stuff

On October eleventh I wrote that the day before we suggested that my friend’s roommate come with us.  I borrowed his hat.  We passed an estate sale on our way to Falletti’s. Traffic was really light.  We had to buy barbeque stuff--we went into the store twice.  We rode the Panhandle to the Dahlia Garden. We found the group pretty easily.


We set up our barbeque stuff on the grill and then signed up for a trike slot.  Our mushrooms and sausages were cooking when some guy with kids asked for one of them.  He was constantly insisted there were no sweets.  It was around then that an old coworker showed up.  Her boyfriend was had been the organizer’s classmate.


My friend and I were in the same bracket because we had signed up late. I thought that she had won partially because I had a non-competitive moment while riding.  She went on to compete against a designer wearing purple and later she raced the lady that had eventually won the competition. My friend told me she thought the starting position for the bike determined who would win.


I was sitting with a group I called them the peanut gallery because they were sitting on the course and we're really critical of the other riders.  One was dressed as the “Pittsburgh-ler,” which meant she wore a lot of black and white stripes.  Later, I stood with the organizers and some others.  My friend and the lady in purple really enjoyed interacting.


They were both wearing purple but had a lot of other things in common.  Later they waved checkered flags at the the podium for the winners.  At the end there was an honorable mention for a guy dressed like a knight.  I also got to know a photographer and a few others.  I gave the Pittsburgh-ler a checkered flag and later she put on a fashionable blazer that was also black and white.


As the party moved along friend's bubbly ran out and I recieved a beer cozy. Some people had other Trike O’Rama stuff.  The winners all got mugs which had not yet arrived.  I helped with clean up and then met the organizer’s family.  We went to North Beach via Alta Plaza.  My friend was really impressed with the view.  After we took some photos we continued to Broadway and she didn’t like the intersection at Powell.

We parked at Grant and Green and walked to Peña Pachamama. My friend had done a tango thing there.  We were eating at the bar when we realized we were going to have trouble doing anything else. We went back to get the bikes and braved the turns to Stockton and went through the tunnel.  We had to go through Union Square because of construction. The ride down market was fun.  We were asleep at 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment