Friday, March 4, 2016

Some People were Sweeping

On the twenty-fifth of February I wrote that I left around 330 and went to 16th.  I went to the apartment via the alleys.  There were cops talking to people there and some people were sweeping the street.  My friend was eating an ice cream.  I sat with her and we looked at pictures.  I left her alone and she got on the phone with her brother.

Later I walked to the Uptown and interacted with an acquaintance,  who had lived in Arcata when I was there.  I had a couple of drinks and noted the Warriors were winning.  Later, I found my buddy at the biergarten locking his bike up.

We found a table to sit at and ordered.  He told me that he had purchased a Geo Metro and would drive across the country to Atlanta with his stuff.  I told him it was sad he was moving but I knew he had purpose.  I told him about my life and the plans I had with my friend.  I learned that we were planning on traveling at the same time.  We also decided that we should meet up before long since we only had a few weeks.

We talked about friends and Tweed.  His best friend had a lot of professional relationships and was around his age.  We split the bill and walked to Shotwell's for a beer.  I told him about the mixed up phone numbers and an acquaintance's party.  Much of the discussion was the same until we said goodbye.  

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment