Tuesday, March 29, 2016

We ate Quiche Lorraine

I wrote on the seventeenth that my friend and I had walked down Saint Germain to Odeon and tried Hibou for breakfast.  There was a guy right outside smoking and the door wasn't well sealed.  I had juice and delicious bread and was bummed that I had not gotten an omelette but my friend shared hers.  The waiter looked like some one out of a Guy Richie movie.  My friend missed the reference.


We walked up Saint Solpice then where she bought a broach at a store but the hat store had nothing she wanted.  I left her at a glove shop and went to the hotel to type and work on the blog.  I got to see the gloves she had gotten a bit later as we were walking through the neighborhood.  We saw a museum dedicated to Delacoix and made the note to go some time.  


We stopped at the a patisserie called Carton because of a mutual acquaintance and took the pastries to Cafe Paris next door.  Later we walked to the river and crossed on the Pont des Artes and on to the Louvre.  We had contemplated getting tickets but ended up walking up Avenue de L’Opera.


At the Magasin- Galleries de Lafayette- we looked at scarves and then wandered around the center for a while.  After that we went to the roof and took a photo of the Eiffel Tower and went to the L’Opera restaurant on Mogadore street where we ate Quiche Lorraine.  I took photos of Printemps and then we doubled back to buy some scarves.


That was when we headed down Avenue de L’Opera avenue via the 7 train to visit the Louvre.  It took a while to find tickets and we also had a bit of trouble with the coat check but we decided to wait till be returned.  It was late night at the museum so we only had a few hours.


We started on the Richeleu side and looked at statues for a while.  There were a lot of antiquities after that.  I started to push us to see the Mono Lisa then because we were running out of time.  I noted that we had had to rest a lot while walking because we had been walking so much.


Once we had rested enough we raced up to catch the French paintings and the Mono Lisa.  My old classmate texted right around then.  He thought I was joking when I sent him a photo of the Mono Lisa.  Later we tried to look at the 19th century french painters and nearly got to the end before the museum closed.  We saw Delacroix, some Ingres and a bit more.  The staff started to shoo us out and we had to walk to the central stairway.  The locker worked when we got to it.


I took us to a place next to Pyramides then.  We had fries and potato soup over drinks.  Then we walked to Saint Petres and tried a place called Lipp.  We had wanted to eat desert but they ignored us too long and we decided to quit.  I was asleep at 1230

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment