Friday, March 18, 2016

Nonchalance Won Me Over

On the sixth of March I wrote that when I was finished I drove us to the gym and parked.  Someone yelled at me about my parking. I went to the cafeteria and dad’s compadres greeted me.  Then I went upstairs.  I spoke to people I used to know.  I noted that one person was excited about birds.

I sat with the my family until the bagpipes started.  I made a recording and I heard an announcement about the car so I went and checked the car but it was fine. I introduced my friend to an old classmate and interacted with some oldtimers.  When dinner was served my friend and I stood in line with the old principal.

Then I sat and ate with old acquaintances and I asked a lot of questions.  My friend and mom got along fine.  My brother in law came and sat with his cousin and I told my niece I would send her to France someday.  Later friends about dinner and my friend let the roommates know.  I went to bed at 10:30.

I slept terribly and awoke at 7:30 but I wasn't up till 930.  I tidied, dumped the garbage and walked to the street.  That was when the guy who lived downstairs got upset upset at me over my use of “his” door to the house. My friend came down and we told him we will get keys. I was bothered by the interaction but eventually my friend's nonchalance won me over.

We walked to the cafe and had the usual.  We talked about dinner.  When we were done I walked her to the bus and went to the apartment.  Later Il checked out the beans and the chicken and decided to get cans. I went to the mechanic, who told me I would have to return with a handlebar.  After that I went to the market and had coffee.

I returned to the apartment, dropped my things and grabbed the bike and rode to box dog then.  I looked at the bill for the Crosscheck again.  They clearly were going to charge me a lot for the bike but I but I didn't car.  After that I returned to the apartment and my friend appeared a bit later.

I started to get ready for the party then.  I started the food and my friend returned to sewing.  I had just begun when my riding partner showed up. My buddy came in after that.  They were in the kitchen with me and we drank beer.  I noted that the girls were in the other room.  I had the meal nearly ready when the last guest- a professional host- but a couple of people weren’t staying to eat.

We toasted and then they left before we sat and had tacos.  I was cooking for 15 minutes while they talked.  I sat down and ate it was nice they all showed up.  I did dishes and checked on people.  I wanted to see if they go out later.  We had dessert then and talked.  My friend appreciated my diligence.  We packed up and headed to the bar.

We bought drinks and talked about bands, TV, Donnie Darko and Judge Reinhold.  Later I mentioned that no one would ever have it as bad as millennial's and they agreed.  After that we argued over Bernie's Middle East and gun policies.  I had to text a friend. I mentioned I might see them at the Tonga Room.  I left them then and walked to the apartment. I went to bed around 12AM

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment