Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My Bike Seemed Improved

On the trip to the bike shop I interacted with my friend about her walk to the thrift store and our trip up Tam.  I noted that the mechanic was a nice guy but is very business oriented.  They were set to have an anniversary party in a week.

I headed out for GGP then and stopped near 17th to catch my breath.  My bike seemed improved.  I then rode to the Panhandle and saw an acquaintance on the way.  At Pierce I decided to check if my friend wanted to meet me at a new bar.  She told me she was tired but insisted upon meeting me..

When she arrived she made a stop at the furniture store and later I introduced her to the bartender.  We had a drink together.  A bit later we went to Safeway and she called our friends before a short bit we stopped by their house.

They showed us the new kitchen and a bit later we walked up to Duboce Park for a dinner of pizza and salad.  Their son had gotten up late so was energetic.  We talked about birds and work.  On the way back they gave us some antiques.

The next day she and I rode Market to the ferry terminal for a trip to Marin but missed our boat.  We decided to go to see an acquaintance at the coffee shop and I got a toy from the Market Street Railway Museum.  We boarded the next ferry a short while later eating bignets.

When we got to Sausalito we rode through the parking lots and took Caledonia to Sausalito.  After Mike’s Bikes we took photos at the Richardson Bay Bridge.  We sat near Sycamore then to eat the oranges and talk about people before we headed to Mill Valley where we had coffee and quiche.  We talked about how to improve the Lady’s Ride.

After that we took Blythdale through the neighborhoods and returned to Sycamore and headed up the path.  We rode up Lomita to Horse Hill.  She talked to me about building a vintage buggy for three using expertise from firms she knew.  She mentioned some of her friends that were good with CADD as we entered Corte Madera.  We then rode to Lakeshore and then up to Larkspur where we sat on a bench and looked at the news.

She said that she really liked the route as we boarded the boat back to SF.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment