Thursday, February 25, 2016

A T-Rex Pin

On the twenty-first of February my friend and I got the bikes together and started up the Wiggle to meet some friends in the Richmond District.  We got a big table and Kristen got a special plate and the rest of us had dim sum.  the youngest didn’t like mushrooms, our mutual acquaintance told me about his home in the North Coast and the father of the family shared his experiences living in the Richmond district.

My friend speculated that his sharing gave her buddy, the mother of the family, the confidence to share with us a present to help us on our upcoming trip.  It was a photo album with pictures cut from travel books with bills where our ticket stubs would go.  The whole thing was comical because then she gave us the guide books she had taken the images from.

We met at Toy Boat later.  They beat us to the shop and our mutual acquaintance bought Pez which the youngest ate nearly all of.  We said bye then and the two of us rode back down the Wiggle.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I woke from a deep sleep and met my friend at the cafe for eggs, biscuits and coffee. The waitress gave me an extra cup and was wearing a T-Rex pin.

We took Page and Market to the Ferry Building where we found my riding partner’s wife but we were still twenty minutes late.  The girls sat talking for a while and I surfed the twitterscape.  Later we rode Embarcadero and I noticed the cars tended to keep pace with us almost the whole way.  At North Point we had trouble with the turn.  We rode up to Hyde where a bus was honking and pushing at us.  We were climbing Polk when a driver took his car around a turn too quickly and I slapped his rear view.  He immediately stopped to yell at my friend and I got him to leave.

We continued down Francisco and took Octavia and then curved around to the Marina and on to Crissy Field where we looked for good picnic spots.  We sat there for a while and talked about good routes before we went back to the Marina Green.  This time I suggested we go behind Safeway before heading back to Francisco.

Our partner didn’t like the idea of using Van Ness but she took us the wrong way and afterwards was amenable to doing so.  We passed some ladies on North Point after that and they were rude.  We also saw a guy using a blower near the North Point Safeway.  We rode to Embarcadero and saw a bunch of double parked cars that were especially rude.  One guy yelled at the girls.

We needed to inspect Font before the end of the ride.  Old Ship was closed so we opted to meet my riding partner at a bar.  We hopped on a BART train and went to 16th.  There we almost missed our stop.  My partner was a bit late but we didn’t like the patio and chose to ride up Lexington to another place.

There we had appetizers and discussed our experience.  The waitress slipped nearby and it was sad.  I had to replace a glass.  When we finished up I rode down Valencia.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment