Friday, May 6, 2016

Public and Flight 001

On the twenty-fourth of April I wrote that I had finished a notebook.  I reviewed it before buying a new one.  I had gone a whole weekend before that had happened and it interrupted my writing.


It was Friday and I had met some professors at the local community college.  When I was done I walked out with a couple of them but ran off to get the brompton and catch a train.  My friend had said she would be skipping her plans for the night because she was tired.  I was alone for about an hour after that but eventually the supe came by and the roommate miraculously appeared to attend to him.  I was posting while he looked at the gas line.


My friend and I went to the Spaghetteria, which we were worried was a “Scare-aria.”  The food was ok but the setting was a bit of a parking structure.  I did a few things before my buddy from out of town arrived.  The roommate was making jokes and we decided to clear out.  We went to the local bar where I told him about my times at work.  We went to sleep around 11.


On the Saturday before I wrote this we were up around 8 and I made coffee.  When my buddy was up we rode with my friend to breakfast.  I got a new notebook and a small breakfast.  We did some catching up and then walked around the Castro.  My friend did some shopping while my buddy and I sat in the plaza.  I got a coffee.  The vitamin store was closed.


We got the bikes and headed to the bike shop where my friend ordered parts and made an appointment.  We walked her to the apartment then and a bit later my buddy and I rode over to the green to walk around.  We looked at Public and Flight 001 before having refreshments at Two Sister’s.


When our acquaintance showed up he told us about his life.  He had moved in with his girlfriend.  He and my buddy did some catching up and he told us about leaving his bike on Haight Street the night before.  His front skewer was loose.


A short while later we rode our bikes up to Alta Plaza and took some photos.  I checked with him about his travails and whether he wanted to participate in any events but he didn’t seem all that interested.  He had his own agenda.  In fact he took off only a short while later.  He had a thing to get to.  I noted that my buddy would likely see him over the summer.


The two of us rode to the park then and we found a space for my college classmate and his girlfriend to park and he went down to a local corner store.  A few people wanted to take the space that I had scoped out but they moved on.  They showed up only a short moment later and started to unpack their bikes.  My buddy showed up while I was talking to some neighbors about renting a parking space.


The four of us rode down Duboce then and at Seventh and Townsend we headed over to the Berry crossing and visited the channel.  We crossed the 4th street bridge and rode the Channel.  The Valet was closed so we headed over to Brewfest and parked the bikes in front of some cops.  


There were a lot of people there and the line was pretty long.  There were a bunch of tents and I was hungry but I just had the free beer.  Each tent had a different brewery with three beers to taste.  They were supposed to check off a square on a paper but my college classmate just kept bypassing that.  I decided it was a gimmick.  Goose Island had a great Saison.


We rode over to the park and dropped the bikes at the valet and then went into the park for our Duffy Bobbleheads.  Then we convinced the valet to take them.  We then returned to the tents for a couple of more rounds then.  The consensus was that the event was silly but there was beer so it was ok.


We returned to the stadium and found our seats.  The Giants were playing the Marlins and they had already made a couple runs.  I got a sandwich and then found that my buddy was sitting next to the others.  However, when the actual owners of our seats had returned we had to go to the ones we had purchased.  My buddy went for some food around then and when he had returned some lady had given us her seats and we were able to sit next to the others then.


My old classmate was terribly obnoxious at that point- yelling at the game and making stupid comments.  The people in front of us were bothered and so were we.  My buddy stepped away and then I got a photo of the three of us without my classmate.  A bit later we headed to the valet after the Giants won 7-2 in the middle of the ninth.  We bumped into an acquaintance there and then headed off to the Mission.  We had trouble at Potrero and my buddy had no lights.


My friend was happy that I brought my classmate and his girlfriend to the apartment before they left.  We shared our stories with them and they told us about themselves.   We walked them out and then my buddy told us he would be gone by five.  I tried to set an alarm but by the time I had awoken he was already in Atlanta.


In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at 8 and I went to Four Barrel about two hours later and had coffee.  When I returned to the apartment I spent a few hours alone.  I saw the roommates before I ended up having lunch.  By 12 I decided that I had overloaded the washing machine.   


My friend had asked me to meet her at the Tango event she would go to after the museum but I was busy eating and then I spent the rest of the time posting.  When she got in I spent an hour with her and she left to spend some time in the other end of the apartment.  I continued with my writing until we had dinner.  One of the roommates stopped in then and I had done the rest of the laundry.


Later I went to THieves and had a drink while I reviewed the old notebook.  There was a lady playing one Prince (who had died a few days before) song after another and at one point she had turned into a complete bitch.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment