Friday, May 20, 2016

An Interesting Situation

On the seventh of May I wrote that I left eh office at 630 and had enough time to catch the last express to Mib and beyond.  I rode to the Little Chihuahua then and had a meal with my friend.  Once I had sat down I realized I was in a rather terrible mood and she was nice enough to ignore it.  I made light conversation until the food arrived and my mood improved.  On the walk to the apartment she told me about an acquaintance and I thought that that was an interesting situation for her.


Later I took the Brompton to the Uptown and sat next to some regulars that busy haranguing the bartender who told me he had found a roommate.  I was happy about that because otherwise he would have been out on the street.  I was asleep by 11.


In the morning of the day that I wrote this I got up at 8 and I helped my friend get her bike to Yoga.  An hour later I went to Four Barrell where I bumped into the interregnum director at a local non-profit.  I told her about my interest in job classifications and suggested she attend the happy hour.


I had coffee with my friend after that.  We went to the apartment through rain and double parkers and hung out in the kitchen making preserves.  I made coffee and we had a meal.  Later we got ready for a trip to the Sunset.  We agreed to meet at Cloe’s after she had asked them about making a drop off.


I set up the Rockhopper and she grabbed the a pic nic.  I had everything else all loaded up on the Rockhopper and, after she had helped me to the street, rode up Duboce where I promptly got into an altercation with a Lyft driver.  He had been trying to make a pass on the inside and my bag fell off because of my maneuvers.  He ran it over.


I yelled at him endlessly as he backed up.  He got on the phone about it but was clearly not really interacting with anyone.  My bike was on the street and cars were headed up Buchanan.  I demanded his name as people were shouting that I get his license plate.  I took the bag and placed it on my bike as he drove up Buchanan.  I rode to a bike shop and looked at bags.  I saw the guy from the happy hour there.  I filled my tire and headed to the Panhandle and then Ashbury.  At this point I knew that I needed a new pannier.


However, none of the places I visited had what I wanted so I rode up Fredrick and Arguello to Hugo and Irving and parked at Cloe’s.  There I made some choices about the drop off until my friend showed up.  She had almost met me near the beach and the phone reception in the area was rather poor.  The ladies decided that almost everything we had was for donation.


When we were done we walked out and met some cyclists with Rivendell bikes.  One of them was a coffee person and my friend interacted with them about stuff.  The girlfriend and her had a fire fighter thing in common.  He told me about their bikes.  We found some utensils then bought a mother’s day card and went to a bar to eat our picnic.  I got the notebook out.  

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment