Saturday, April 23, 2016

Railroad Grade to Larkspur

I finished typing the notes and then worked on the class. Later I got back to typing. My sister had gone home so I checked with friend. She came down as it was finished.


We said bye and started going. She told me about everything she had done and we realized she had left her sweater somewhere probably at the beach. We walked to Muni but the 18 had gone so we caught a seven and we talked about our plans. Upon getting to the apartment I settled in and went to sleep.


In the morning of the day that I wrote this I got up around eight. I made grits and eggs. The coffee was cold. I did everything and to get ready. I interacted with my friend and we agreed to do different things – I went to Matching Half and she went to the Ferries.


I rode up past Wiggle Bikes and into the Western Addition. I realized I had no tools. I parked at the café, found a table and got some coffee. Some people sat with me and I looked at Twitter.


When the participants for the Ride to Larkspur began to arrive I went to the corner store. The last participant came a bit later and then we headed down Baker to the Panhandle and into Golden Gate Park. We took 10th to Lake and climbed up the road to the west of the hospice. People liked this route more.


Two people drove by yelling and one of the participants didn't like that. We stopped at Immigrant Point and asked someone to take a picture. Then we rode Reston and went over to the new ramp near the Golden Gate Bridge. There were a lot of other cyclists.


After that I led the ride onto the bridge and I took a bunch of photos. When we went through the second tower one participant and I got a bit ahead of the others. Some guy was fixing his tire.


We agreed not to go to Fort Baker.  However, the exit from the bridge near the vista point approach to Sausalito was marred by a highway side emergency and a fire truck broke us up. The ride down to the bottom was easy after that even as we passed the resident bicycle ambassador. We stopped in the center of town and everyone did their own thing.


I checked in with my friend and she was at the picnic spot.  We set out for Richardson Bay passing the bay model and under the freeway. On the way some of us got sandwiches at the bait shop. I caught my breath and watched the bikes.  On the way through Richardson Bay one participant told me about local politicians and business developments on Polk.


My friend was waiting for us on Sycamore with a new participant. We spent an hour eating a big pic nic and talking. Eventually San Jose bike party people showed up. Everyone got to know each other.  It was interesting how people that hadn’t spoken all morning were able to talk at this point.


My friend headed back to Sausalito and we headed up Camino Alto.  At the intersection of Blythdale I fell to the back. We went through the light and then started climbing. The ride was really easy eventually I passed everyone and waited at the top.


The group left me alone and descended to Corte Madera ahead of me. We had to wait for someone and then we took the railroad grade to Larkspur.  We crossed the new Drake Bridge but one person took her time. However we went to the brewery with plenty of time.  We parked within sight and we got beers. I bought my friend’s buddy a beer but she had to watch the bikes. I showed her how to get home.


Later we rode to the ferry and made it just fine. There were a lot of bikes. We found a table inside. I got a drink and we sat talking. Once we got to SF we took the bikes up Market street and said goodbye from there.
This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment