Sunday, May 22, 2016

A Mother’s Day Table

On the eighth of May I wrote that I got up at 8 and hung out with the parents.  Mom had been scheduled to leave but had stayed home.  At nine I went to the Outer Sunset coffee shop with my friend.  I locked the bikes up and stood in line while she found us a table.


We had coffee and the owner came in with her son and her sister.  Several acquaintances came in a bit later and I decided to get in line to order more coffee.  There was a Mother’s Day table outside and a few employees were there.  Several people complained about the line.  We finished our coffee and went to the bike shop.  I bought some panniers and we looked at cargo bikes.


We rode to the house then and made a coffee cake.  When my younger sister and niece had arrived we presented presents to the mothers in the room.  I sat down on the couch with dad and later we sat at the table for tea my older sister had sent.  Later I made more water and I noted that my niece was making drawings.


Later we had dinner with the parents before it was time to go.  My niece tried to tell us she knew about birds.  Later we ended  up cleaning dishes. Dad had a lot of images of his epic trip to Europe in the 60’s.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment