Sunday, May 8, 2016

Regrouped at Inspiration Point

On the thirtieth of April I wrote that I typed at work for about two hours more than I would normally be there.  However, I had process running.  I tried to run for the train at 554 but ended up just stopping at the CVS and catching the one a half an hour later.  I caught BART fine and stopped in at the Uptown.  I got the emails of some acquaintances for the party in June.  One of them told me told me that she was working at the MOMA.


I rode to the apartment and found my friend making stuffed peppers..  The roommate was trashed.  The meal was great but later my friend said the roommate had gotten tedious.  I took some time alone as she did the dishes.


The morning of the next day I started coffee and made grits with eggs and greens when my friend arrived.  When we were done I did very little and then did the dishes.  We left the roommate to walk across Market- she was due to travel to LA.


We decided to skip coffee and I went with her to the bus and then rode up Polk to an appointment.  I got there ten minutes early and she arrived to have a beverage with me beforehand.  I took a lot of notes.


When I was done I left a bit early and rode Polk to Market and met the bike group.  The ride leader had an app that he wanted to test with the group.  I went in and checked in on my order with the bike shop and learned my rack had arrived.


I talked to some acquaintances-including the ride leader’s wife.  The ride started shortly after that.  There were a lot of old faces and a few new ones as well.  One couple showed up in the middle of the ride.


On the Wiggle I tried to block some cars for our hostess and on the Panhandle there were a lot of people.  I made new friends in there.  I took some pictures at Prayerbook Cross and then we descended to 30th where I interacted for a moment with a passerby that just happened to be a well known advocate.


We rode to Balboa and the couple I had met took off with their friends.  Then we took the Sutro Heights Wiggle to the top where we caught our breath.  I posted images to social media and then sat with my friends and told them about my life and the upcoming party.


When the group was ready we rode Anza and headed over to Sea Cliff and took Lake to Arguello.  I followed just behind the ride leader through this.  We climbed up to the Arguello Gate but one of the usual suspects and a few others had gotten lost so the ride leader was separated from us for a bit.


We regrouped at Inspiration Point.  When he got back the ride leader asked me to check the next turn and then we descended to the old Letterman area.  From there we went to the Palace of Fine Arts.  I posted to social media and talked to people there.


We rode to the Marina and on to Fort Mason then.  We rode through a great exit on Van Ness there.  Then we rode through Aquatic Park and up Jefferson and also Bay to the Embarcadero.  I had to do some blocking in there as well.  One of the group leaders and I had had a lot of trouble there the last time we had gone through.


After this we crossed at the Ferry building and said bye at Rincon Park.  Four of us including the ride leader went to Hi Dive then.  I was locking up when I saw an old college buddy.  I told her about the party.  After this the ride leader and I discussed his app and geographic data then over sandwiches.  The others mostly listened.  When we were done we rode Townsend and I said bye to them riding near Duboce.  I went to the apartment and found my friend was busy so left her alone.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is m

No comments:

Post a Comment