Tuesday, May 24, 2016

To Bake a Cake

On the thirteenth of May I wrote that I rode to Redwood City and had to catch the next BART because the train was late. I stopped at the apartment and took a trip to the laundromat and then to get the farm box.  On the way I stopped at the pizzeria and placed an order.

A bit later I got the farm box and two bottles of Prosecco before returning to the apartment. Outside a party reveler was trying to lock up but I insisted she bring her bike inside.   After that I talked with my friend for a moment but really just left them alone to bake a cake.  Twenty minutes later I returned to the laundry to discover my bag was missing.

However, after getting a plastic bag I realized that the bag was in fact at the apartment.  I switched the clothes and went to the pizzeria. An archetect I knew on Twitter texted me so I ran the pizza back and let him, his wife and my riding partner in. I told them about the laundry so I went back to get it.  On the way I stopped at the spaghetteria to get a drink and then I return to the apartment.

Luckily my friend was entertaining and they had opened the wine.  We dug into the pizza and I I made conversation.  I said stuff about my ‘prominent geographer’ idea. My friend brought out a delicious cake which paired well with the ice cream someone had brought. I received several texts from people detailing their progress in getting to the area.

Around eight we all decided to go and while we were getting ready one person shared his knowledge of Brompton bags with us.  His had a rack that will mount the block and serve the purpose for any pannier.  An acquaintance from the bike rides texted as we walked up the street to say he was near.  I ran down to get him.  He had brought his buddy with him.  We found the group but two of us had to get cash.

There were eight of us at the bar when we finally arrived.  I got to talk to everyone.  One of the roommates bought me a drink.  When the programmer came in a bit later we went out with the cyclists to get some air.  Several people left with my friend later and several people came in with their parties to take their places.  I got to their acquaintances all over again.

At around 1030 we all started leaving.  I didn't really pay attention as we did so but we left a few behind but later I tweeted everybody a big thank you.  I was in bed around 1115.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment