Thursday, April 21, 2016

Snuck in to ZG

In the morning of the tenth of April I learned that my friend had taken a trip to the coffee shop with filters.  We sat down for breakfast and then I started typing.  I left my friend alone with the roommate for a while after that and started posting.  Then I stopped for a breath of fresh air.


We then went for a walk and saw one of the leaders from Sac Tweed.  I friended him.  We stopped at Therapy and got a hat.  We then sat at Craftsman and Wolves for pastries and coffee with our riding partners.  The Bike fashionistas showed up around then and I finally got to meet their son.  We walked towards Duboce then and one of them asked about birds.  He told me about his app and the data he had been creating.


He left us as McCoppin as a well known mission bartender and his fiance showed up.  We all talked and then I snuck in to ZG alone for a drink- that was a breath of fresh air.  After that My friend and I said bye to everyone and stopped by the house.  Then we walked up Valencia and dropped some bottles off at BiRite before heading to Dolores Park.  I left her alone to look at the bike polo and then we walked 19th to Castro.


We had a couple of bloody marys at Harvey’s and then walked to Cliffs where we refilled the carbon dioxide from the apartment.  Then we went to Hot Cookie and got a present before hopping a 24 to Healthy Spirits to buy beers and walked to meet the roommate at Duboce to travel to her birthday party.


We hopped a 28 at 19th then and got off at California.  We let the roommate go her own way and the three of us waited for a PresidioGo at Lake.  At Washington we walked to her uncle’s house.  He was making dinner with his dog inside.  We ate appetizers and my friend eventually started helping.


Some of the roommate’s friends came in then.  We all sat in the living room and got to know each other.  The roommate’s friend and her worked together and the boyfriend told me that he had spent a lot of time riding Marin County.  The roommate’s cousin came in a bit later and he and I talked about growing up in SF.


Dinner was served then.  We talked about names.  He told us about his kids.  The roommate was is really fond of her uncle.  We finished dinner as her brother came in.  I got him a beer and we talked about euchre.  When we had had too much tea and apple crumble we took photos, thanked our host and hopped in cars and headed home.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment