Thursday, April 14, 2016

Session on Mountain Geography

On the thirty-first of March I wrote that I rushed to RWC but the train was late.  My old classmate was at the apartment before me.  My friend and I sat in the living room then and played catch up.  He shared his plans and I told him about bike party.  He had complicated plans for Friday.


My old classmate and I took the F to Powell and walked to the Hilton where he registered before we grabbed some food and ascended the crowded stairs to the session on mountain geography.   There had been a cancelation so while waiting for an interim speaker to set up we discovered that our old teacher was scheduled to speak.


There were two speakers before his and his wife came in to watch.  The moderator had to deal with a yelly guy after the last speaker went over.  I also saw a professor from Sonoma State.  We spoke to our old professor and his wife on the way out.


We had a drink in the lobby while my old classmate figured out where we would meet his brother and I interacted with a professor from my master’s committee that just happened to walk by.  After that we went to BART and went to 24th.  We bumped into the moderator on the way and he told us about the yelly guy-- apparently he was a not so nice person with the climate group that had a business meeting coming up.


My old classmate’s brother was at the Napper Tandy waiting for us.  We shared the details about our lives.  He had taken a new job on account of his family situation and I was able to share my experiences with him.  We told him about our interaction with the session moderator.  The trivia lady showed up then and my old classmate and I said bye his brother as the Warriors game was ending.


We walked to Ken Ken then and talked about old acquaintances.  We talked about epistemology while eating.  I noted that he confused tools with knowledge.  We went for a drink then and saw another old classmate working behind the bar who surprisingly was working.  He told us that someone had quit and that he had taken her shift.


We met the bartender’s girlfriend and on the way out we talked to his coworker.  He said he would talk to people about us.  Later on our way past 16th we talked about the bars in the old days.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment