Saturday, February 6, 2016

Get to The Majestic

On the twenty-third of January I wrote that the day before I had to walk to CT and took the breach in the fence to save time.  I ran with my bad ankle and made it to the train which was late because of a wheelchair.  However, I still made Mib with time.  I got off at 16th and walked to the apartment.

My friend texted about getting pizza so I did that but otherwise I had a bit of time alone.  Later she showed up but I had to leave her alone to let one of the girls in and get our order.  My foot was a real problem.  I realized before I paid I had not gotten a gluten free option and felt terrible.  On the way back I got drinks but passed up the whisky.

the other lady had appeared at this point and I offered to make her a drink but realized there was no whisky.  I went back to the store and when I got back put on my tails and had some pizza.  Meanwhile the girls did their hair and discovered that we didn’t have enough time to get to the Majestic to meet other revelers.

My friend’s roommate appeared and took a photo and then we took a cab.  I muttered about his driving as we approached the destination.  The ride turned out fine though and we only had to wait in line for a short while.  My foot wasn’t terrible as we entered.  A couple of us dropped off the jackets and the other ladies got us drinks.

We got in line for the photo booth and that took a long time.  I went to see what was taking so long and discovered that the photographers, who seemed French, were really just doing a lot of photos.  However, there was no line at the bar so I got another drink.  I went and looked around at other stuff too.  I spoke a bartender I knew and he said that he was managing the line.

When I got back to the girls I discovered that we had all taken our own individual walks.  I saw some acquaintances and they asked me where the others were.  I directed her attention to them and they were all bonkers.  We went upstairs then and sat next to God’s telephone.  My friend got a photo of me taking a call.  Then we walked around until we found ourselves in the Grand Artique.  That was where we bumped into our acquaintances again.  I played with a strange recorder on a gourd with three feet.  It also played funny.  There was a handmade deck of cards and someone had forgotten their umbrella.

We went downstairs then to the basement.  There was a food stand but none of the food was good.  My friend got nachos.  We walked around looking at the vendors then.  Eventually we decided as a group to go.  We walked across Van Ness and caught a cab.  We dropped one of the ladies off and then the other grabbed her stuff from the apartment before taking the cab to her house.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I had breakfast with my friend then though we both knew that this would only add to the time it took to travel to Santa Rosa.  We had coffee and pancakes and talked about caring for birds and how to manage an apartment.  We talked a bit about roommates too.

We settled on a scheduled pickup and walked to twentieth-century and got a coffee.  Then we went to McAllester and discovered the bus was late and that our street was closed to traffic.  I called 311 and 511 but no one was there to help so we instead opted to catch a 47 and wait for the bus at Jackson.  I got a picture of my friend talking to a lady cyclist there.

We spoke to a few other people and learned that the train was terribly late.  That was when a bus labeled Not In Service - Try Transit showed. up.  We told him the sign was wrong but after pushing some buttons the sign had not changed.  He said he was only going to San Rafael.  A passenger said that the bus was in fact a 101 but I surmised that it was the short haul scheduled for around 1254.

I started writing and we switched seats at Toll Plaza. There was another bus waiting for us at San Rafael the transit center

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment