Saturday, February 20, 2016

I found Krusivice

On the thirteenth of February I wrote that I rode the Brompton to RWC and was going to take the trains to DC and on to my house.  However, my friend and I talked on the train and decided to meet at 19th Street in Oakland.  I played with the phone on the way adopting new apps all over the place.

I got off BART and opted for Farley’s because we hadn’t decided on a place to meet.  My friend showed up with a guy she new from work.  We went over to Drake’s but settled on Telegraph instead because of the wait.  I ordered a shot and we all had a sandwich.

After a brief review I identified a route up West and across Adelaide to Lowell and Acton.  We found this great beer store on University where I found Krusivice.  I bought a few bottles and we made North Berkeley with plenty of time.  I spoke to an acquaintance about my buddy for a while and he even rode the Brompton.

My riding partner and his wife were there with us as the ride left.  I interacted with an aquintance as we pulled out.  I decided that I had been a bit too talkative but later my friend told me not to worry about it.  Her friend from work had melted into the crowd.  We rode through Albany to a spot above the tunnel and then took Sutter into downtown Berkeley and onto Willard Park.

I stood with the guys and the ladies went for a walk and talked to people.  I saw the guy from the paper and when we regrouped I went off alone for a bit too.  I had been watching the bikes.

the ride left then and headed down Claremont and I got to talk to an old acquaintance.  I knew that everything she heard from me would end up being relayed to other people so I said as much as I could.  I told her I saw a lot of her’s and another person’s posts on the listserve.  She asked all the right stuff and I asked about her band.

We all regrouped at Mosswood and I finished a beer while the others walked around.  There was a recumbent trike with disco lights and a giant music set up.  The girls went for a walk and when Rod Stewart came on it was time to go so we rode up Macarthur to the station and waited for a train.  We saw the guy from my friend's work.  She told me later that she had remembered a bunch of stuff about him.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment