Monday, February 8, 2016

I Made a Manhattan

On the twenty-fourth of January I wrote that we got off the bus at Piner and after a brief wait alone my friend’s mom picked us up and we stopped at the Bottle Barn where I got whisky and then we climbed over to Rincon Valley to go shopping at Olivers.  I got my friend cheese and almonds to tide her over.  We drove back to her mom’s then and made soup and store bought pizza.

I was helping with the meal and heard my friend talking to her step father briefly.  He was watching the Godfather.  She and I sat talking to her mom for several hours.  I didn’t want to ice my foot but she got me some.  I noted that my friend was rather mean to me on several occasions.  There were a lot of stories to tell until midnight.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I were up around 9.  We had eggs, toast and coffee and my friend's mom ran off to get my friend’s sister.

When they got back we were sitting in the living room and we decided that we would go to Macy*s anyway so the four of us piled into the car and headed over to the Coddington Mall to look for stuff to buy.  We looked for watches and later I left them alone before we finally paid.

Back at the house we met my friend’s sister’s family who had just arrived and once we were settled in we started to watch a bit of NFL.  I made coffee and then my friend started to make supper.  She figured that it would take a bit of time.  I helped out and later we sat in the living room for a while until several people went on a walk.  Eventually we had to pick them up at Whole Foods.

We started making dinner and I made a drink before we sat down to eat Lamb and spaghetti.  I helped clean up until they told me to quit.  My friend and I got ready to go but in the middle of packing I realized I would need to confirm with my old classmate our accommodations in Sacramento.  He told me he and his family would attend the Sacramento bike ride.

The five of us jumped in the car and after some slight issues we returned to SF on the 101.  I made commentary about the bike paths along the highway as my friend and her sister sang to the baby.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment