Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Three Flights of Steps

This is the first of two posts where, on 083114, I didn’t have my notebook and so wrote my notes for the day into cards that I sent to people.

When I got off work the Friday before I carried the bike up three flights of steps at PHill and was out of breath.  At Civic Center I rode the bike down 7th to Folsom locked up and ordered a sandwich at Radius Café and sat down to wait for some Twitter friends for #BAUHH.  I got a beer and went out back with them.  Several people came in while I was waiting.  We talked for a while and I had another beer.

I left a bit later and went to the Page Bar.  There I met people—cyclists and smiles.  I had been watching the Giants when I met Madeleine.  She was named after the character in the book.  Later I got a business card from some acoustic engineers named Bob and Joe.  The Giants won.

I noted later that I was happy to meet so many interesting people that night.  I left around 1030 about 45 minutes after the game ended.  The next morning I was up at 930 and went to Java Beach.  My old coworker came in with her sister and I told her about work.  I met a cartoonist on the way out.  At home I complained to the parents about having to drive them to a wedding but I ended up doing it.  They said they were late.  Dad flipped out about the traffic on 19th but chilled out after that.  I dropped them at Steiner and Green and was not thrilled about the ordeal.  Mom sent a message later to say they were early.

When I got home from the wedding I got my bike and went to Swell to replace my rear cassette.  Later I went to Mojo to get it adjusted and learned my derailleur and hanger were bent.  I spent a lot of money.  I then rode to Caltrain and after inhaling a taco I caught a train to Palo Alto.  Some guy on the train recommended a shitty bar but I went to Scotty’s instead.  The Giant’s won and I had a salad.  I took the train home and went to the Uptown.  The bartender and I made jokes and I talked to some guy about feminism and hegemony.

On the morning that I wrote this I went to Java Beach and got to talk a group of interesting people.  I finished the paper and went home.  I talked to dad about my finances, rode to Best Buy and then ended up at Momi Toby’s.  I had purchased some cards on the way because I didn’t have my notebook.  I wrote the entirety of the story above onto them and addressed them to some close friends.  I also had tea and waited to hear from my buddy.

I finished writing around 7 o’clock and took the bike up California to meet her at work.  They have wifi there.  We went to eat at Big 4 and I told her about my life and she told me about hers.  We sat at the bar there for a while.  Her coworkers were nice and we had great food.  We went to the Tonga room then, which is interesting.  The guard at the door said that we were just in time for the rain.  We ordered Piña Coladas and spent a lot of time crowd watching.  There were a  lot of young people.  Later we went to Edinburgh Castle.  I rode home after she said I should hang out with her and her brother the next day and was in bed at 2am.

I started writing this on 090214,  This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment