Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Barber was Talky

On 092714 I noted that I left work at 545.  I rode to PHill and though I had plenty of time I was still breathless.  I took the train to Civic.  Some lady put her bike on mine but she got off with me.  I stopped at Wells and was surprised to discover that I would have the amount I wanted on my next paycheck.  I rode Grove to Octavia and climbed to The Page to watch the game.  My coworker and another friend sent messages to each other.  I made plans for Sunday Streets.

The game wasn’t the best but eventually I got closer to the TV as the bar crowded up.  I started talking to the lady sitting next to me.  She was into the Giants as a way to explore her community.  The game was not going great when her friend showed up.  Turned out she was an old classmate my old high school friend.  I asked about people from those day sand she actually remembered them.  They got burritos next door and the lady forced me to eat some of it.  We had a good time watching the Giants lose.  The friend  left and the lady wanted to hang out so we went to the Plough and Stars and talked more.  I had stopped at the corner store so she got there first.  We said bye and I rode home.

On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 10 and went to West Portal for a haircut.  The barber was talky.  I went to Peet’s and read the paper.  I went home and found the Wifi had failed.  I went to Java Beach.

I wrote that I went home after working and discovered I would not be using the internet for the rest of the weekend because AT&T is a horrible company.  I messaged my friend and then sent a text to the lady from the night before.  I had dinner with my mom.  I noted that I wanted to rework my abstract and post it to the AAG for the conference.  I wanted to rewrite my long form resume for Monster and CB.  I also needed to edit the mess in the NA.  I started the laundry.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment