Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bike Mechanic Superhero

On 091914 I left work at the normal time at 415 and took my time stopping at Heather Farm Park to enjoy the fresh air.  I parked at PHill and took the train to Embarcadero.  I worked on my notes and finished the paper.  I got my bike and went to Embarcadero.  My seat shifted again.  I got off and walked to the taqueria at 4th and Townsend.  I saw the Sports Basement marketing director and a staffer was at the Bicycle Coalition table.  I was having a hard time with the temperature but it was the ride and not the room.

I had caught up with a bunch of people I knew and others when my buddy came in.  We interacted with a friend from Bike Party.  He got a bit to eat and I sat down.  The first film was a montage by a coalition intern about her cross-country tour.  The second was about a bike mechanic superhero who kept meeting the same type of guys and had bad dreams.

Afterwards I met some friends and made introductions between new friends and some whom I hadn’t interacted in years.  My buddy I got to know some friends from YPT and Bike Party.  I milked the crowd for what it was worth.  I talked to a photographer for Nutcase—but gravitated back to my friend from Bike Party again.  She and I connected via Twitter.

Shaun and I left and went to Schmitt’s.  We talked about stuff—the films, trips on bikes etc.  I rode down Shotwell to 19th and then down Capp to 18th and then somehow to Church and up the Wiggle.  I passed a girl neat Cole and Page and rode home.  I noted that I was still cleaning the room.  I posted and worked out my notes.  I was asleep at 1 in the morning.  I noted that connecting with all the ladies a the film showing was really productive in light of the day’s breakthroughs at work.

On the morning of the day that I wrote this I noted that I had gotten up a half an hour late but missed a bus and had coffee on Bancroft so was an hour late.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment