Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Bike Party PHill

On 091414 I sent a message to my friends when I got out of the office and stopped by Safeway on the way to PHill.  The guys were there and I was surprised to see others that I knew.  I dumped my newspaper and took in the evening air as everyone arrived.  Bike Party left on Coggins and went to PHill park via PHill drive.  There were kooky things there and a little league team.  We then rode around Buchanan field and I met come locals.  At the end of the ride I left with a friend and rode with several Bike Partiers to North Concord.  There were more people from the ride on the train as I rode back to Civic Center.  I went to the Page then and had a couple of beers.  I went to bed at around 1 or 2.

The morning of the next day I got up at 930 and went to Java Beach.  The barista made comments about bikes and I sat and people watched.  I lady sat next to me and it turned out that she was at the Page the night before for a going away party.  I told her and her friend about Tour de Fat.

I went to Lindley Meadow and parked my bike.  Bike Partiers were working the valet.  I walked around.  I started to feel shaky so I got water.  I bumped into still more Bike Partiers on the way—organizers this time.  I sat down with some ladies on a red flannel sheet and they asked about my Geography is Cool t-shirt.  One of them had apparently dated a Geography professor I knew.  The owner of the blanket left us and I talked with the other lady about the city before I went for more water.  I felt hungover.  I looked at the second stage and saw more Bike Party organizers talking.  Then I talked to Valet people and checked out the chainsaw juggler.  I noted that there was no Whiskydrome.

I went back to red flannel sheet and no one was there so I lay down and tried to settle my stomach.  I looked up about ten minutes later to discover my best buddies from Bike Party sitting next to me.  Later more of the dame started showing up.  We talked about mutual friends and I met new people.  I remember talking at length about feminism.  I was feeling worthless.  I tried to talk to the birthday party sitting next to us and I also noted that there were a lot of CFHH people.  In fact I later discovered that the lady who owned the red flannel sheet was connected to all of these people.  I even saw a few people form East Bay Bike Party.  I got up for water one more time and then went home where I ate and started my recovery.  I had done some laundry so started putting it away.

After Napping I went to Celia’s and discovered that a girl I had seen at Java Beach that morning was behind the bar.  I also met some locals and some new people.  I also talked to the regulars—one of which I had met before.  We talked at length about biking in Marin and he railed on and on about bad cyclists.  Susan kicked us out at 1015 and I went home and watched Tropic Thunder till around 2.

On the morning that I wrote this I was up at 930 and went to Java Beach.  The barista asked about bikes again and I noted that I needed to make plans with her.  I also noted that an old coworker had stopped in—this time with her boyfriend.  I went home to enjoy the air in the patio for a bit and then rode to the Panhandle and was tired when I got to Fulton.  I rode back to Central and then to McAllister.  I saw some of the same friends I had been with all weekend at Sunday Streets on Buchanan.  I parked on Divis and went to Abir.  I then walked to Scott and looked at curios.  I bought a small box and started to tweet.  I walked into the park and took in the view in the warm air and then walked to Fillmore.  I was live tweeting at this point.  I walked to Geary and saw a couple of other friends.  I was winded at the baseball fields and I went back via Pierce.  I looked at the tables on Fulton and saw The ThinkWalks guy.  I went to Abir and watched the game and tweeted.  About an hour later I walked to Green Chiles and got a big meal and talked to a girl name Genevieve.  I walked to the Panhandle and took in the evening air for a bit and then got my bike.  I rode to the Page to have a beer and saw the bouncers.  They were watching the Niners game.  At that point I went to Embarcadero.  I took the N home.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment