Monday, October 3, 2016

Middle of The Pack

On the tenth of September I wrote that I was apprehensive about leaving an hour early. However I knew that I would hear about it on Monday. I rode so fast I had to catch my breath at the station. At the apartment I saw my friend for a bit and then left her alone. Later we ate and then I rode to Civic Center.


I noted that the trains are all screwed up so I opted to get off at Rockridge. The ride had gone when I got to Berkeley Civic Center but I was moving fast at that point. There were plenty of stragglers. I noted as I went north on MLK that some people were lost and others had flat tires.


I caught the ride at Gilman and quickly made the middle of the pack. I passed a trike as we headed up fourth. The guy said he was fine with driving me around. I was joking. He had built the trike himself for Burning Man from where he had just arrived.


We rode past the lot where we had hung out on fourth many rides before. Later I saw a well known municipal project manager and a transportation planner I knew riding together. She was clearly trying to learn from him.  Coincidentally the ride ended up at the same park that I had seen him and his gang at years before.  I ended up across from my riding partner as his wife came through with chocolate.  I walked through the tennis courts. Some butter lappers and my buddy’s friend came by a little while later.


Later I found the kids - some I hadn’t seen in years - and we talked about caviar. The ride left a bit later and when I got to Martin Luther King I gave up and got on Ashby BART.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment