Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Pancakes with Blueberries

On 2 October I wrote that we were nearly ready to go to the light industrial lab when we realized that I had to go to the specialty bike shop. I got my friend outside and got her walking to the lab before I headed to the to the F line.  The bike wasn't ready so instead of getting my new bag there I went over to their competitor across the street. Upon my return the bike was ready but they had some confusion over the bill.

I took BART to 16th and got 3 V batteries before going to the lab. I spoke to an acquaintance and then went upstairs to talk to the host and look at the shop. Back downstairs I had a Torani cocktail and my friend gave me a plate. I helped the hosts at the end of the party.

When we were done my friend and I made our way to the 48 bus. We barely made it and the driver was really rude. Dad kept texting to see when he would pick us up.  We managed to get better seats and at West Portal we waited and caught the next L before walking to the house. We managed to turn the situation around before going up stairs.

My older sister and her husband had just arrived and when we established that they would help us out we returned to the room. My friend left me alone and as I got my things together I could hear my nibblings in the backyard.  When my younger sister arrived we all sat to eat and take photos. The kids offered to manage the noise and did a great job.  When dinner was done my friend and I hung out downstairs until it was time for tea.  When my younger sister’s family was ready to go it was clear that we were not going to play scrabble.  When we were done saying bye I tried to hang out with my brother in law before I brought my friend some tea in the garage.

I woke up around 730 and made a lot of noise in the living room.  That woke everyone up. I made pancakes with blueberries and did the dishes before I sat down to eat. I burnt the bacon. I finished the kitchen after we were done eating.

After a brief discussion we went to with my friend. I took the trike and my brother-in-law took the mountainbike.  My friend and my sister were along too.  Unfortunately, it rained a bit and we had to run home.  My older sister left just as the younger one came to drive us to the apartment. There was a street fair was in the way so we we had to go around.

When we arrived we unwound in the living room and when the sister left we made dinner.


This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment