Tuesday, October 18, 2016

He Didn't Have Tickets

I woke up around nine on Saturday at mom and dad’s place in the Sunset.  I found my friend in the living room upstairs. I took care of things when she went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Mom had had a class to attend so we have the house to ourselves.

Dad came back from dropping mom off and we were in the living room. I made an arrangement with dad then and put a lot of stuff in the car. The roommate had sent a text message about the mail and the phone company.

Dad drove me to the bike shop and I spent the whole drive explaining to him my financial situation. He later met me at the apartment when I arrived with my bike. I unloaded the car and carried everything up the stairs. The roommate was there. We talked about the Internet and upcoming service call. There were boxes that had deliveries. I found one had been broken. I left a bit of a mess and returned to see dad.

We drove to California Street to find mom. I tried the whole time to convince him that he needed to convince his community that they needed more housing (mixed use) and less parking.

On the ride to the house I sat in the back.  As we rode Fulton Mom made comments about the new accessory dwelling unit in the house on the corner from her house. It produced a quandary for me. I was trying to figure out how less parking was bad – I think it's good?

Dad and I sat in the living room trying to keep the noise level down because people were napping. Later my friend and I set up in the garage. Dad had gone to the school but they told him he didn't have tickets for the event so he had to return.

About 530 my friend and I rode bikes to Golden Gate Park and went to the Chalet where we sat at the bar before getting a table for dinner. When we were done we looked at the sunset and then rode to the Irish bar.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment