Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Whooze Returned

On the tenth of January I wrote that I ran to the train between 421 and 435.  I had ipod texted my friend, looked for rides and started jogging.  At the ramps I spied a promising spot, waited for the traffic to clear and hopped the fence.  I saw only two cars as I dashed to the top of the overpass.  There was a cop at Industrial but I just jogged towards San Carlos until the coast was clear.

I made a measured gait to the station and boarded as the doors were closing.  I shared the experience as I cooled down in my bike car booth.  I skipped reading the paper until I had returned to normal.  My friend and I texted about the farm box and when I boarded BART the whooze returned.  I got off at 16th and accidentally made a BART ticket.

I stopped by Venga on the way to my friend’s because she indicated that she would like that.  When we sat down she was in good spirits and would continue to be until we finished eating and I got ready to head to Bike Party.  I noted that I was on BART when her messages indicated that she was feeling better.

I transferred at West Oakland and made the group just fine.  The regulars were mostly there but quite a few that I was used to seeing were not and that made me sad.  I hung out with an acquaintance and a couple others.  We talked and the time wafted by.

The ride went through a few of my favorite parts of Oakland but we only really rolled around the lake twice before falling apart into one group on the peninsula and another, the leadership, at the amphitheater where I was.

I ended up talking to one guy and a ride leader told me that he thought his girlfriend was at the peninsula.  I sat with an acquaintance after that and finished my beer as the rain started to pick up.  I rode to the station then and and was enjoying the confetti effect the ride had had on me.  I texted my friend but she only expressed her regard for me.  Later that night I bought us Zephyr tickets before going to bed.

Later I noted that when I awoke I had omelettes at my friend's place.  Her roommates came in but only briefly.  We spent time in the living room until we came up with the idea of going downtown to get fabric and an umbrella.

We tried to stop at Equator but ended up at Blue Bottle after checking the CVS.  Then after a great meal we headed to Target and then Bloomies before deciding that we would only likely find a cheap umbrella.  We passed through Macy*s before going to Britex.  I had never been in the fabric store there until then.  We went to the top floor and I took a great photo of her.  She picked up bike fabric and some with maps.

We stopped by DSW then and eventually discovered that the bar I wanted was still closed so we took the 7 to her house.  Over the next two hours we planned and executed a plan for vegetable soup while tidying.  While headed to Whole Foods I texted my buddy and my riding partner.

We were eating the delicious blend we had made with salmon when they got back to us.  By the time I had done the dishes it was time to go to Thieves and meet the people for drinks.  I was in bed by 12.   On the day that I wrote this we awoke at 930 and my friend made hard boiled eggs.  I did dishes and my friend had to go to a party.

Later I was writing and called my older sister and my parents about the upcoming two weeks.  My sister said that she was away from her home because of her kids sports.  They both indicated we would talk later.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment