Friday, January 1, 2016

Empty at That Point

On the twenty-fourth of December I wrote that I had missed my stop at Mib and had to get off at 22nd street.  I tried calling Next Bus but they gave me bad information and I ended up wandering around the Dogpatch until I caught a T.  When I boarded I let my friend know I was late and saw a classmate from elementary school.  I talked to him and learned he was living in the Marina.

The train got redirected at Embarcadero and I transferred to and L.  The wait had been terrible but I was only 20 minutes late.  I was instantly annoyed at Dad while we were eating dinner and I was already pretty angry about the ride all around the city.  My mood improved as my friend and I shared a meal and we talked about Star Wars.

The parents left for a play in town and my brother drove us to the house.  They discussed things and I pulled out a bunch of Christmas cards.  We read them and later started a game of Scrabble.  my brother got an early lead and my friend got a bunch of really good words.  I started catching up in the end but my brother won.

In the morning I said bye to my brother.  He came down and handed off some windex before walking out. I walked out to the coffee shop with my friend to see her old coworker.  She was crazy happy to see us, gave us a bunch of coffee and told us about her life.  I had some coffee and we talked about the coffee business.  She had ordered a bunch of coffee that had shown up late and needed a buyer.

On the way back we talked about Paris.  Later I showed her my tool box and she said she wanted some of my tools.  I had done a bit of laundry and put my stuff away.  I had two boxes that were empty at that point.  We went the cleaners and then caught a seven and saw a bartender we knew from Alembic getting off.  We had quesadillas and visited the magic shop, which, apparently, is famous.

We went to Divis and Geary and we talked about the how we were looking forward to having two birds in a cage.  I noted too that the summer would be rather eventful and that in the long run we had a lot of stuff to go over.

We walked to Best Buy then and she said she would run down to Target.  I checked in with the geeks and at first thought I needed to call Microsoft but discovered that I would want to check if I had been charged for my MS Office product because they didn’t have me in their system.

We missed the 24 and took the 5R to Van Ness.  We split up and later I took an F to meet her at Local Edition which has typewriters everywhere.  The waitress said she didn’t even have to ask for a drink.  When her old coworker showed up later we talked about the event, work and other gossip.  They discussed shows and I asked about Barbarella.  We went to Super Duper and had sandwiches.  

The next day I visited Whole Foods and had a coffee after getting fruit.  Later I went to my friend’s place and she made pancakes.  I made coffee and her roommate sat with us.  I started to write around then.  Eventually I took a breather with them before finishing up.  She, of course, started wrapping presents and we discussed family.  I noted that there was a photo of the new Golden Gate Bridge path in the Presidio.

Later I called an old classmate and tried to call my mom.  After dinner my friend went back to wrapping presents.  My sister called me later and confirmed Christmas events.  The older sister and her family group would be around on Saturday.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment