Monday, January 18, 2016

Any of His Forks

On the eighth of January I wrote that I left the day before at around 225 and walked to CT with plenty of time.  I tried the 22nd street stop but the 48 did me no favors.  I walked 2 blocks to the 14 and almost got a ticket from inspectors.  I picked up the Crosscheck and went to Pedal Rev where the mechanic fixed it--he called it a tune up-- but refused to show me any of his forks even after telling me what specs I should be looking for.  Back at my friend’s place I texted and she said to come to Oakland.  I left in a hurry but noted on the train that I had neglected to pick up her farm box like I said I would.

At Luka’s I sat for a bit until my friend’s old roommate came in.  I bought her a drink and noted that our discussion revealed stuff.  When her boss finally dropped my friend off we were seated and ready to order.  I tried to interest the old roommate in going on a bike ride but we settled on just stopping by some time.  Meanwhile the girls talked a lot about subtle relationships at the coffee shop and in the apartment that I was becoming accustomed to.  My friend was slow in realizing that I wanted to go but relented eventually and we walked to the station.  The trains came quick and we said bye.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment