Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Years and Beer

On the twenty-seventh of December I wrote that I left my friend and my roommate and took the Brompton up Market to Polk and Ellis where I found a fellow beer enthusiast waiting.  He was surprised that the bike folded.  He identified a really good soup.  I told him about my event.  I noted that it had been a while since we had hung out.  I ordered a bit more from the waitress and then we headed up to the cafe where we sat talk about the events we had attended and the postings we knew.  We discussed New Years and beer week.

I went over to see the cat I was taking care of and then headed to my friend's.  I gave her the soup but it wasn’t what she wanted.  I thought that was ok though.  Her roommate had ordered a bit of Chinese.

I headed over to the bar then and gave the bartender a present.  We sat talking about life.  He told me that he was concerned about housing.  I noted that a regular was considering a PhD and an old college acquaintance of ours was likely going to visit.  I talked about another college acquaintance.  He congratulated me after we went out to get some air.

In the morning I was hung over.  I made made breakfast with my friend at her place but I had to take a nap soon after.  When I got up again she had taken the living room apart and her roommate had made coffee.

I left them alone for a while and was about to start writing but decided to go to Japantown.  My friend came with.  We experimented with a taxi and found that it took around 20 minutes.  We got some pictures of birds and rode a two to FIllmore and walked around Japantown where we had some sushi boats.  We were there for a while eating pancakes and looking at books.  She bought a book and we visited the supermarket but it was way too crowded.

We caught a 22 back to Duboce and I interacted with the parents and my sister and asked for a sandwich.  I then headed over to Max’s to meet the ladies and nibblings before they went off to the ballet.  One of my nephews was with the men at Reservoir but the other was there.  We had an appetizer and when the food came it was too much.  I decided I would take some home.

We got into a discussion of Christmas.  One of my sisters said that there is no use trying to change family gatherings because someone is always going to feel uncomfortable.  I noted that I was only trying to apologize for being so angry.

When it was time to go I collected my sandwich and handed it off to my older sister when she deposited her pot pie in the car.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment