Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Travel by Approximation

On the eleventh of December I wrote that I ran to CT from the shuttle and walked to the bank at 16th.  I had a bit of trouble getting to professional holiday talk but was early.  I had a drink at Bar and stopped by Walgreens.  Once inside I stood with my distributed computing friend for a while, looked at the displays and drank wine.  I interacted with a hydrology mapper and an organizer for a bit.

I ate the food and sat with a lady who was studying at SF State.  I got another drink and sat when the five talks got started.  The first few were ok.  The main ones were about Colorado River Plane Mapping and Travel by Approximation.  I interacted with my operations friend and his colleagues after the proceedings and saw some old acquaintances.  I interacted with some colleagues too.

I walked around saying bye around then and told the director that I was interested in collaborating to get more Silicon Valley people involved.  It was raining pretty hard when I said bye to to the organizers at the door on the way out.  There was a barking dog on the bus, which I took only a short way.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment