Friday, December 18, 2015

Moved his Mog

I left the office making the mental note to do my timecard and took the shuttle and then the CT to Bayshore.  I noted that I needed to clean my windows.  The walk to the T is not fun.  I went to the frame builder and discovered that I needed cash so he gave me my bike and I ran over to Walgreens.

He then showed me a n 1800 dollar frame, an old rockhopper and a newly built bike.  I was really happy with the new weld.  I rode to Jarrold and then to New Hampshire.  I had no light or lock but I was fine.  I had to ride the wrong way on 14th.

Later I walked to 16th with my friend and took a cab to a Holiday Party.  We saw a lot of acquaintances.  There was a petting zoo and a bunch of games like ping pong.  My friend’s old boss moved his Mog and there was a taco truck.  One of the engineers had bought cheeses.  We bumped into an executive and her friends who were trying to get a coworker a ride home.  I found a cocktail and the old boss showed me the brass knuckles that he had given his team.  I gave out a few hugs.

We were standing with a financial officer when I saw a department head. I introduced everyone. Later we stood in line for tacos and I found out that a lady I knew was now working there so I found her and introduced her to my friend.  It turned out that they knew each other from coffee.  The CEO had me play ping pong with one of the youngsters in the shop.  After a brief review of each drama in the house, we found ourselves helping our friend get a ride home.  At his house we played with cats and later took a cab home.

In the morning of the day that I wrote this I was up at five but we got up at 8.  I went to Four Barrel and texted my friend while she was on BART.  I spent time on social media but was alone so I rode the RH up to Wiggle Bikes.  I had to negotiate fire trucks on Overlook and then I asked the guys at the bike shop about the Concord’s rim.  I showed them the new weld.

Back at home I noted that I would head back after typing.  I noted too that I had wanted to got to Oakland.

This is an occasional series chronicling my life. This Notebook Analysis series is meant to be contemporaneous piece developed as an agglomeration of my notebook pages. In each of these posts I used my notes to develop my recent thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment